Friday, August 3, 2012

T - 2 days to B-day

No, it's not my birthday(lol) but I am finally on track to start my birth control!  For some strange reason Mother Nature decided to play with me one last time.  She decided to show up 2 days late which in the grand scheme of things isn't all that long but just long enough to make me wonder and hope.  Such a tease she is and not the good kind!

Just to explain a little about the birth control.  I've been getting a lot of confused looks and questions about it.  After all, I'm trying to get pregnant, why would I be put on birth control?  Simple answer: timing.  The clinic needs to force my cycle into a rhythm that will work with the meds I need to take in order for me to have my egg retrieval around the time I am aiming for.  I will only be on it for a very short time -- 22 days.  During that time, my ovaries will shut down so we can then artificially ramp them up with the stimulation meds.

It's the first step of many and one of the only drugs that does not require a needle to take.  Time has passed by quickly on this road and I'm hoping that it will continue to do so for the next 6 weeks it takes to complete this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment