Thursday, January 31, 2013

22 weeks and kicking!

I am cruising right along through this pregnancy!  Today was my 22 week appointment.  Nothing all that exciting -- lab check, chat with the doc, and then my favorite part: getting to hear the heartbeat.  My doc is so awesome that she even makes it possible for me to record it (God bless smartphones)!  I'm always reassured by that sound and I never get tired of hearing it.

I was even brave enough to take a pic of myself this week and while I feel like a whale, I was amazed that my weight gain has been a really reasonable 9 pounds.


And since this little lady is so unbelievably active, we've nicknamed her Thumper.  Mainly because she doesn't just kick -- she thumps me!  She also throws in some rolls and turns just for fun and is active throughout the day (and occasionally into the sleeping hours of the night).

Many people have asked if we have a name for her yet.  Not quite yet and won't for awhile as we work our way through the baby name book once again.  We're hoping to nail it down by April but we are also firm believers in meeting our babies first before finally deciding for sure.

Next appointment is in 4 weeks and in addition to the regular check up, I get to drink the nasty sugar fluid (ok not so nasty but still not pleasant) and make sure I'm not developing diabetes.  We also get to start thinking about when the little lady will make her arrival!

Our puzzle is slowly coming together and the piece that is this little person inside of me grows stronger every day.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Thumper. I like it. And you know Haylee really is a great strong, no nonsense girl name. The only downside of the name is she may cuss like a sailor.... ha ha ha
    I am sooo happy & excited for you!

    ReplyDelete