Monday, October 22, 2012

Breaking out the maternity jeans (8 weeks)

It was going to happen eventually I knew but I had hoped for a couple more weeks at least before I had to break out the maternity jeans.  People keep reassuring me this is a good thing; you show sooner and sooner each time you're pregnant and this is my 3rd go round at this.  People that know my story also say to embrace it since I worked so hard to get here. 

But it's tough to swallow.  I worked very hard after my second son was born to lose weight (35 pounds!) and get past that phase where I was really unhappy with how I looked (not to mention how unhealthy it was for me to be carrying around all that extra weight).  And since I changed my mindset about food and exercise, I'm relearning what it means to be a healthy pregnant person.  It's been harder than I thought.  Raging "morning" sickness and exhaustion are not great motivators for exercise or eating right.  So I'm hoping that in the next few weeks, as these symptoms ease and I can feel a little more normal, my motivation will return and I can find a way to balance the need to be healthy without obsessing over the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment