Saturday, June 30, 2012

You really can Youtube anything

You know the old saying, if you want to learn how to do something, go look on Youtube!  There are thousands, if not millions of how-to videos.  Wanna learn how to put on make-up?  There's a Youtube video for that!  Wanna learn how to French braid your hair? There's a Youtube video for that!  And yes, if you want to learn how to give yourself your IVF meds, there's a Youtube video for that as well.

Initially I had planned on taking my clinic's shot teaching class.  It's been several years since my last IVF cycle and I felt a little rusty on the ins and outs of correctly administering the shots.  Given how much is at stake, I didn't want to take any chances of screwing it up.  When talking to the IVF nurse, she was surprised that I wanted to take the class.  She understood but also suggested I could just watch a Youtube video on it.  This week I decided to take a gander myself and see what was out there.  After all, what could it hurt?  And I could save myself another trip to the clinic (each trip is at least 25 minutes each way).

So off I went in search of any videos.  I stumbled upon a couple of really good ones done by a nurse at a fairly well known reproductive medicine clinic.  I have posted the links below in case you are curious.

Subcutaneous shot   Intramuscular shot

As I watched the short videos, it all came back to me and I found myself nodding along, the scenes all too familiar.  Here I thought I had forgotten, but no, the information was stored in the part of my brain that stores the rest of my IVF memories; the things I can rattle off with almost no effort at all.  The upside?  I don't have to make that extra trip to the clinic any more.  I am confident in a way I didn't think possible that I won't screw it up.  I can do this again; the memories are there.  The strength is there.  Right where I left it.

No comments:

Post a Comment