Monday, March 26, 2012

The boring part of IVF

Believe it or not there is a boring part of IVF -- the money part.  Over the weekend we received a large envelope from our clinic.  Inside was a number of handouts (conveniently highlighted) detailing our financial obligations and how much dough we'll have to fork over in August.

If you are lucky enough to have insurance coverage for IVF, then this part is rather easy.  Just hand over your insurance card to the staff and you're good to go.  But if you're like me, it isn't that simple.  The numbers are enough to make your head spin and trying to figure out how much you owe, who you owe it to, and when you owe it is a little daunting.

I'm essentially handing over enough money for a brand new car each time I do this, and the thought that by the time I'm done I'll have paid probably over $50,000 to have my children makes me a little dizzy.  But it's been money well spent for sure, and not once have I ever regretted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment