Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The home stretch...and maybe a little nesting.

Depending on your viewpoint, the home stretch can begin whenever you want it to.  It's an individual feeling on when you feel like you're near the end.  I really felt this was true for me when the month of May started.  After all, before the month is out, our little lady will make her appearance.

She's still as active as ever; constantly testing the limits of her environment, seeing what kind of mischief she can get into.  I tell people she's going to claw or kick her way out of my uterus.  Her brothers wanted nothing to do with coming out but I have an intuition she's got her own feelings on the matter.

I've also been frantically (at least to me) preparing for her arrival.  I find myself with bursts of energy to get things done.  As big as I am and as tired as I have been, I spent 2 hours one morning washing, sterilizing, and assembling bottle parts, breast pump parts, and pacifiers.  Now I find myself this week with a lot of energy to get everything else done, not just for her, but for her brothers as well.  I feel a sense of satisfaction with every to-do list item completion.

Is this nesting?  Maybe.  I don't remember it being like this with my other two pregnancies.  No sense of urgency or anxiety that things weren't getting done.  This time though, I've been gripped by this feeling that I'm fast running out of time.  I don't have those funny urges that you sometimes hear about with nesting women.  No urge to suddenly clean out a cabinet and scrub it with a toothbrush (unless rearranging my kitchen a little bit counts).  No urge to get down on my hands and knees to clean the floors or the ceiling with said toothbrush.  But I'm guessing, like everything else pregnancy related, there's a large range of normal that would fit in the category of nesting.

Whatever this is, I'm happy to be experiencing it one last time.  The end of my infertility journey is near, the puzzle is nearly complete, and I couldn't be more content with the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment