Monday, December 10, 2012

Goodbye Zofran, Hello 2nd trimester!

It finally happened and I barely noticed!  I successfully weaned myself from the Zofran and not one drop of nausea.  I was getting anxious to be done for two reasons: 1) I don't like taking medication when I'm pregnant and 2) I didn't want to refill the prescription (I was down to the last two!).

I'm finally starting to round out a little bit but still in that baby or extra burrito phase, and things are evening  out it seems.  Other unpleasant symptoms of early pregnancy are either fading (headaches and nausea) or easing into more familiar rhythms (exhaustion, weight gain, cravings, and hunger pangs).  Plus, I'm starting to (I think) feel whispers of movement but it's not 100% sure.  I'm in the is it the baby or gas kind of phase, which to me is extremely frustrating!

It's a relief to be finally past all the yuckiness and get into the business of really enjoying this pregnancy.  It is for sure my last and I'd hate to waste any more of it not feeling well.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, Zofran, that was my lifesaver with my boys! Even on it I managed to lose 18 lbs during one of the pregnancies. I bet it is movement. I felt my very early. Prayers for a continued healthy pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete