Sunday, May 27, 2012

The countdown begins...

This week I worked up the nerve to call the clinic to get my calendar.  I'm not sure why I was avoiding this call but for some reason I put it off a few days longer than I had planned.  Maybe I was hoping I wouldn't need to do this after all.  But Mother Nature again made it clear that I would need to do this again if I wanted to complete my family.

I talked to a very lovely nurse at the clinic who gave me my marching orders.  Amid a flurry of dates and calculations I was suddenly overwhelmed with information.  She very kindly assured me that I had plenty of time yet and that she would send it all to me in the mail.  A few days after I talked with her, a big envelope arrived in the mail. In it were 5 things: my checklist of things my husband and I need to get done with my dates listed, my bound packet with my particular protocol helpfullly highlighted and flagged, our two consent forms (one for the IVF cycle itself, and one for the freezing of any extra embryos we may have), and my first script for the birth control I need to take for 3 or 4 weeks.


The consent forms
My marching orders and checklist




 It was now as official as it could get -- I am an IVF patient once again, complete with a serious case of the jitters (or anticipation anxiety; I'm not entirely sure).  What I do know is that in about 3 months, I will be once again traveling down this road.  One that I never wanted to travel down in the first place but one that has become very familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment